May 13, 2010

A Ride of a Lifetime

A friend and co-worker is about to embark on an amazing journey in order to raise funds for the National MS Society. Saturday, he will depart from his Las Vegas home and pedal his way to Anchorage, Alaska with a small detour to Prudoe Bay and the Arctic Ocean. Yes, you read right, I said pedal. He's riding his bike. I'm not talking about a motorcycle either, just a regular ol' bicycle. He will ride through 7 states and 3 Canadian Provinces for a total of approx. 7,500 miles.

And here I was proud of my bike ride from the San Francisco Wharf across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. That's a hiccup in comparison. I'm really in awe of his determination and drive. I'd worry about his sanity had he not completed a trek like this once before, but that was 30 years ago, that journey took him from Missoula, Montana to Anchorage, Alaska. I think it's safe to say he's definitely upped the stakes.

I wish him well on his journey. I figure the least I can do is spread word about his tale and work to boost his fundraising efforts.

So, if you're looking to donate to a charitable cause this is a great opportunity. Donations are tax-deductable. Help the National Multiple Sclerosis Society today!

Many thanks for your support!

No comments: