May 28, 2010

Approaching the weekend

It's nearly here, at last. What a week!

A restful weekend by the pool sounds lovely... fire up the grill, mix margaritas, yes, that sound very nice, indeed.

However, my house is need of a deep cleaning. Scrubbing the floors and showers, and all that jazz. Hoping to get that all done tomorrow. I would also like to trim the rose bushes and oleander. If I find the time. I want to power wash the backyard walls. It's particularly filthy where the vines were.

Sunday and Monday we will complete mom's move. Frank plans to tackle the landscaping and I figure I'll clean, unpack and organize. It's time she feels at home.

Plans are in place for BBQ and bonfire. So, it will be nice to kick back under the stars, and listen to the roar of the fire while we knock back a few cold ones.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe Memorial Day. God bless America, and the men & women who fought, and/or continue to fight for our freedoms, and the freedoms of others in foreign lands.

Pioneer Woman, one of my daily blogs, has been sharing photos all week with the theme "Coming Home". Talk about photos speaking a thousand words... check them out.

No comments: