August 19, 2010

Like-it rather than Luv-it

Last night, Frank and I made it over to Luv-it Frozen Custard. I've known about it for a few years, we've even tried to locate it on a couple of occasions. Finally, yesterday, we had success. I don't know why I previously thought it was on the west side of Las Vegas Blvd and Oakey. It's right behind the Olympic Garden. Had I known that from the start, there never would have been question.



Anyway, we pulled up before 8:00 there were a few girls in line. It gave us a chance to look over the menu. Frank chose the popular "Western" and I went with "Chocolate Crisp". Seconds later, we had sundaes in hand.




The custard is smooth and creamy, and Frank's choice was better than mine. His had hot caramel and fudge with pecans. Mine was pretty sweet with the chocolate sauce and it lacked any crisp. The peanuts were more like saw dust. The damage for two sundaes was nearly twelve bucks ($5.25 each). As much as I love to support the little guy, I think I'll stick with Ghirardelli when I'm craving a sweet cool treat.

No comments: