February 23, 2011

Chicago is...

Near. Cold. Just fill in the blank. I literally unpacked one suitcase just to pack another. Only there was a shitload of laundry done in between. We're all set, though. After work, we'll gather our bags, valet the car and grab a taxi to the airport. In 13 hours I'll be noshing on Double Jalapeno Cheeseburgers from White Castle.

I'm looking forward to eating, and seeing family and friends, of course. I am not looking forward to feeling real cold and snow. I've packed my warmest clothes. I'm torn on which jacket to bring, I want to wear my Vegas winter coat it is cute and light. However, I am pretty sure I need my Chicago winter coat. It's just that it is unbelievably heavy. It's weighs more than my luggage, I swear. It got me through a few Chicago winters so I'm sure it's the right choice, I'm just dreading lugging it through the airport.

Fortunately, I won't be spending much time outdoors. Just long enough to get to and fro. I did want to go downtown to see the sights, it's been more than a decade since I've been, but I'm afraid it'll be too cold. I'll save it for another trip. We do plan to visit Greektown. I'm looking forward to that. Most of all, I'm looking forward to Giordano's. It's been four years since I've had a slice of my favorite stuffed pizza. I'm due. I'm also dying for a real Chinese eggroll. I'm salivating already.

No comments: