September 9, 2010

A GRRReat Day!

I saw a commercial for Frosted Flakes the other day, it was the first time in ages. Tony has been stuck with me, since. Gosh, commercials are terrible ear worms. Anyhow, yesterday really was a great day.

First, I got final confirmation that a photo I took will be featured in Esquire Magazine. It'll be published in the November 2010 issue. I've been published online, but this is my first time in print. I'm very excited.

Second, airfare from Chicago to Las Vegas dropped. My mom and I booked tickets for Amy and Nicky to come visit. It's been 6 months since they were here and we've missed them terribly. I was ready to book a flight to visit them over Thanksgiving, but this is so much better. They'll be here for nearly three weeks. They'll split time between my mom's house and mine. Best part is they come in on Wednesday. We have very little time to wait for their arrival.

I guess we had good timing washing Nicky's car. While we had the powerwasher out over the weekend Frank gave it a touchless wash. It had been kept at my mom's house, but he had trouble riding it in the dirt and rocks. We thought he might be able to enjoy it more at my house - he'll be able to cruise better on the sidewalks. Plus we live on a cul-de-sac, the neighborhood kids play out there all the time. Nicky can probably pick up some chicks with his ride.

The weather is cooling down so visits to the park will be easy. We can also take advantage of outdoor activities. Nicky really enjoyed hikes on past visits, I think we might have to do another. Weather is cooling down, but it's still warm enough to swim. Well, for most people. For me to get in there we're going to need some help from the heater. The gas bill will be worth it to have those memories with my nephew. Then, this trip is partcularly special for my sister. It will be her first time in Las Vegas being 21. The poor girl has visited two dozen times in the last decade. Finally, there will be no place off limits. She might find Las Vegas isn't so bad when everyone isn't telling her you can't be here, you gotta stay over there.

No comments: