August 4, 2009

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

I've been pretty sad the last couple days. The reality of Amy and Nicky going home really hit me on Sunday. It's always hard to say good-bye, I really didn't think it'd be different after five weeks compared to the usual one or two. It is, though, it is really difficult. I'm going to miss them more than I thought was possible. I must have burst into tears five times already. Today's been tear-free but I'm sure I'm just saving those for tonight when we drop them at the airport. I have little doubt that I'll be a mess for the in-laws arrival. Joy. Yeah, we'll be seeing my family off and welcoming Frank's family. Not sure what's in store, but I bet there will be adventures and some fun. We will host them for the next nine days. Then, it'll be back to familiar routines.

While Nicky was here. He learned a bunch. I absolutely adore kids at this age; they change daily, they learn new skills and absorb knowledge at a ridiculous rate. Their personalities really develop, it's just wonderful to witness.

Nicky made tremendous strides swimming during their visit. He learned to jump in, grab the ledge, hold his breath, go under for longer periods, wear goggles, and swim, even dive with assistance. It's all pretty remarkable considering he's 2.5 years old. Frank did a fantastic job teaching him, I was always impressed by their newest tricks. Have a look for yourself...



No comments: