April 24, 2009

Running on empty

Things are pretty quiet. I don’t have much to share. We spent a lot the last few weeks funds are low so we’ve been hanging at home. My mom’s birthday is Sunday; we’re planning on getting together for an off-road adventure. We’ll likely run Wheeler’s Pass. The temps are cooling, the weather should be perfect; 80 is forecasted.

Last year was her 50th, I flew in my brother, sister and nephew to celebrate. It was a great surprise and a fun-filled visit. I wish I could’ve made it happen again this year.

I saw the family in February, but it seems like much longer ago. I miss them. Nicky and my sister called yesterday. Nicky now sings all the words to You are My Sunshine, it melted my heart. He also knows what every animal says, he cracked us up with his sound the rooster makes: Cock-A-deedle-Do! The kid is a trip!

Flowers have been blooming like crazy at the house. It’s fun to see what’s new each day. It made me think, though, if April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, what do April flowers bring? I guess I’ll have to wait and see, but I'm guessing more flowers.

This week’s blooms...

Bottle Brush Bush

From flowers


From flowers


From flowers


From flowers


From flowers


From flowers


From flowers

No comments: