April 20, 2009

Another great weekend in the books

Friday's dinner at Lawry's was very good. We started with calamari, it was ok - a little tough. The chipotle aioli was really good, though. The spinning bowl salad followed, then came prime rib, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, and yorkshire pudding. I wanted a sundae for dessert, but since it was our anniversary they brought us complimentary Strawberry Trifle. Frank didn't care for it so it was all mine. All in all it was a nice dinner, just as expected.

Frank surprised me with show tickets to Love, only Friday's show was sold out so our tickets were for Sunday. No worries, I liked having the show to look forward to and it allowed us to continue our anniversary celebration through the weekend. After dinner, we caught a movie instead. We saw Crank 2. Loved it! If you liked the first one, I have no doubt you'll enjoy this one, too.

Saturday was a gorgeous day. I wanted nothing more than to hang out in the hammock and enjoy the warm breeze while reading a magazine. But grocery shopping, cleaning and laundry beckoned. I hauled ass to get everything done, so I could reward myself with time in the hammock. As soon as I settled in, Frank came home from work, but he had to pick up parts and work on the Suburban. So, that gave me time to unwind before I got dinner started. Heavenly. After dinner we went by our friends' house to watch the UFC fight, play cards and drink beer. It was a good time.

Sunday we slept in, we didn't roll out of bed until noon. Highly unusual for me, but it was wonderful to be lazy. We got ready to go off-roading but Frank wanted to fix his taillight first. It ended up being a project, while he worked on that I folded laundry, ran the dishwasher, trimmed the palms in the front yard and cut the grass. At least I was productive while I waited. It was after 3:00 by the time we were on the road. We sought out a new trail. It was a fun ride.

From rainbow powerline trail


From rainbow powerline trail


From rainbow powerline trail


From rainbow powerline trail

The sun was too bright, so many photos are distorted

From rainbow powerline trail


From rainbow powerline trail


From rainbow powerline trail


From rainbow powerline trail


From rainbow powerline trail


From rainbow powerline trail


We got home around 7:00 we showered, dressed and then left for Mirage. We picked up our tickets to Love and then grabbed dinner at Carnegie Deli. We split a Corned Beef Rueben. So good!

From there we lined up for the 9:30 show. We got seated, section 306, AA, 16 and 17. A phenomenal job was done of bringing the music and lyrics to life. It was excellent. We enjoyed it just as much as the first time. This time we were seated much higher so it gave us a different perspective, we caught things we missed the first time. I definitely recommend it. It was an all around good time.

The perfect end to another great weekend.

No comments: