April 30, 2009

Grilled Lemon Thyme Chicken

We bought a new grill, it was a bit of an ordeal, but it all worked out last night. I'll fill you in another day. We can't wait to break in the new one. We'll fire it up tomorrow because tonight we have plans; I have a work dinner at Maggiano's fortunately Frank will be able to join me.

Back to the chicken, I tried this recipe on Tuesday, it was a weak last hurrah for the old grill. We liked the lemon-thyme flavor, but it was way too salty. I even cut the garlic salt back to 1 1/2 tsp. If I make it again, I'll cut it back to one teaspoon tops.

4 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)

1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken. Sprinkle mixture over chicken.
2. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 560mg; Total Carbohydrate 1g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 31g

No comments: