June 22, 2011

Vegas or Bust


"Vegas or Bust!" That's what we said when we loaded up the last of our belongings into our vehicles. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I followed Frank to I-80W. The interstate had been part of my commute for years, but never for a journey quite like this. I can't say if those tears were for sadness or joy. All I know for sure is I've never been so excited or had such a fear of the unknown before.

I was twenty-three, newly engaged, recently graduated, I had just quit my job of five years and left all of my family behind. I put all of my chips on Frank and our future together. I knew the open road led to a fresh start, new beginnings, challenges and opportunities.

And, that, it has. Eight years ago we arrived in Las Vegas to follow our dreams. We've celebrated the best of times and leaned on each other during the worst. Given it all, there is no place else I'd rather call home. It's been a wild ride thus far and I look forward to the times that lie ahead.

Curious, can anyone else spot what's wrong with the vintage postcard?

3 comments:

Hurricane Mikey said...

Saguaro cactus only grow in the Sonoran desert. Vegas is in the Mojave.

Tara said...

Aww, congrats on your 8 years in Vegas!!! Time flies when you're having fun, and it seems like you and Frank have a lot of fun!! I'll be shooting you an email in the next couple days regarding my visit and hanging out :)

Kellee said...

That's right, Grant. Those saguaros should be Joshua trees.

Fun! Tara. Your trip is right around the corner.