March 26, 2010

This is it

So, this what 30 feels like? No different. Not that I really expected any changes overnight. Besides the grays, arthritis and varicose veins settled in years ago. Although, I think the days of dying my hair are near.

I'm very happy to report that I had a great dinner at Le Cirque. I chose well this year. It broke the streak of two not-so-great birthday meals in a row (Carnevino and Rosemary's). No redemption is needed for our anniversary this year unlike the past two. Full details to come next week, but in the meantime I will say that the staff made me feel special, the food was tasty and I tried escargot, caviar, lotus root and daikon for the first time. The daikon was my least favorite. I enjoyed the others.

Check out this cute little truffle trinket box we were given as a take-home treat.






Cute isn't it?

I was fortunate to celebrate my birthday a little early this year while Amy and Nicky were here. Amy surprised me with cupcakes from Mad Hatter. My favorite. They sang me happy birthday and Nicky took a few turns blowing out the candle after I had my turn. She put together a basket filled with goodies to relax. It was super sweet of her.

My brother photoshopped a white sox cake to wish me a happy birthday. It was perfect. I appreciated his creativity.

My mom dropped a card in the mail and it got to me before my birthday, that was a surprise. She often procrastinates. She even ordered my gift weeks ago, only shipping was delayed. It'll be a nice treat when it arrives. Whatever it is.

Frank was a sweetheart and he arranged for me to have a massage at the spa. I'll cash it in the first week of April sometime. He also surprised me with dark chocolate macadamia nuts. Yum!

Family and friends offered their best wishes, too. It was a great way to usher in my 30's.

The fun continues this weekend. We're off to Surprise for Spring Training. Go White Sox!

Oh, and rather than taunt you with no food review here's this week's LLV article, Vegas Values: World's Greatest Hamburger?

No comments: