March 1, 2010

They're here

Friday night it was looking pretty bleak that Amy and Nicky were coming. Amy came down with the flu on Thursday and just felt miserable on Friday. My mom looked into flights to reschedule their trip, but I suggested holding off until Saturday to see if she felt any better. I hoped they'd make it, but I tried not to get my hopes up.

Mid-morning Saturday, my mom called to say they were coming. The worst was behind her, she was just wore out. She felt she'd have a better chance at getting rest out here, so the trip was on as scheduled. They arrived just before 6 o'clock Saturday evening.

Nicky was so excited on their way out here. We have tickets, today, mommy? Yay! I love Las Vegas!!!

At the airport he was facinated by the slots in baggage claim. I told him that adults put money in them and try to get more money out of it. A passerby overheard me, and asked "how well does that work out"? I said, well that is why they try, it's certainly not a sure thing.

We played all night, with new toys and old. I made a fort with a card table and sheets. Frank showed him how to putt with disc golf, since we have a basket at the house.

Sunday, Frank and I took Nicky to the park. We met our friends there. Jake's boy, Gavyn is 5 months older than Nicky they were fast friends. I took the boys to playground while the guys played disc golf.





The boys loved the volleyball pit even better than the playground. They were able to let their imaginations run wild there. They drew pictures, tossed pinecones, buried treasure, tested their balance and jumping abilities. They really had the best time there.







After the fun at the park. We went back to the house for lunch. Played inside the rest of the day. Lots of laughs, lots of fun. We had dinner at BJ's then the family left for my mom's in Pahrump. Frank and I returned home to quiet. And we quickly fell fast asleep. Keeping up with a 3 year old certainly wears one out.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Awww. How cute. Little kids are so much fun. They're so into everything. Once they get bigger all the fun is gone and all they want to do is sit around and play video games.... Enjoy him now!!

Kellee said...

Ain't that the truth. I love kids at this age. People complain about terrible twos or threes, but ages 2 - 5 are my favorite.