March 23, 2010

A Much Needed Treat

Yesterday, rather than having pork chops for dinner, Frank said he had something else in mind. We went to Town Square to catch a movie and have dinner. At Yard House, of course.

They added a new pilsner to the menu, Czechvar. I was sold. Frank got Moretti. Both were tasty. We started with lobster, crab artichoke dip per the recommendation of our server. It was quite delicious.


Then we shared our entrees, angel hair pasta and jerk chicken & shrimp stack. The pasta is one of my favorite dishes. Eggplant, tomatoes, basil, garlic, feta and pine nuts. It was our first time having the jerk chicken. It was likely the most tender and flavorful piece of chicken I ever tasted. It was good. The shrimp enchilada was too. Frank liked the chili sauce best, but I preferred the tomatillo.




Yum yum. Since last week all I've wanted to do was catch a movie and dine at Yard House. His idea couldn't have been more perfect.

We headed home and he suggested we stop for a nightcap. We went to PT's. There was only one bartender. She ignored us for 5 minutes so we left. There are far too many VP Bars around to deal with shitty service. I suggested we try a new place that opened nearby named Straight Up. We went there. They don't have their gaming license, yet. Why open? Bizarre. We left and went to Village Pub. Ice cold EIB Hefe hit the spot. Frank played $20 on double double bonus. He lost it quickly. I tried my luck on double bonus, I played longer, but still lost $20. Then, we just chatted, laughed and reveled in our happiness. Life is good.

No comments: