February 26, 2010

WTF, I'm Purring!

Something is effed up with my sinuses. When I breathe, I make a purring noise. It's been this way nearly an hour. I'm annoying myself. It's got to stop.

In less random announcements, Amy and Nicky arrive tomorrow!! I can hardly contain my excitement. I've missed them bunches.

The other day Nicky called me wanting to talk to his uncle Frank. I told Nicky I was on my way home, he could talk to him shortly. "I hang up, now" was his reply. No love for me.

When I got home I had Frank call him. Amy answered. She told Nicky he had a phone call. "Hold on", he says, "I'm reading a magazine". Who is this kid?

He finally talks to his uncle Frank and he's quiet as can be. Frank did most of the talking. The poor kid has heard that "tickets cost money" "money we don't have" so many times, he doesn't think he's coming on an airplane to visit us.

Frank: You're coming for a visit, you are going to take the airplane.
Nicky: No.
Frank: Yes, you are.
Nicky: No. It costs money. We have no tickets.
Frank: You do have tickets. You are coming on Saturday.
Nicky: Where's grandma?
Frank: Her house.
Nicky: Ok. I call you back soon.

It's so funny he always wants to talk to whoever isn't available at that particular moment. It never fails.

Amy called me back. We chatted a bit and then Nicky distracted her and she had to go, but this is their conversation... Nicky was playing in the sink, washing dishes.

Amy: Nicky, get out of the sink.
Nicky: I'm washing dishes.
Amy: GET OUT OF THERE!
Nicky: NO! It's my job. I need to wash dishes.
Amy: It's not your job. You are THREE, you don't have chores.

Amy: I gotta go, Kel.

She says he's been driving her nuts. He's been cooped up all winter. Visiting us will do him good. He can play outside. We'll swim and visit the park. There is a bouncy playhouse I'm thinking of taking him, too. I plan to take off a couple days while they are here to get extra time with them. I was working to coordinate with Frank so we could all do something together, but his schedule is up in the air. We'll see how it goes. We plan to at least get out to Death Valley with them. They're here until March 16. It should be doable.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Very cute. How can one not smile reading that post. :o)

Kellee said...

The kid is a trip. He cracks me up.