February 25, 2010

Why make plans?

When plans are always changing, why bother making them? I'd much rather play things by ear than set actual plans. Too bad I'm not able to do that with all facets of life. Much to my dismay some things actually require advanced booking or reservations.

Anyway, today, I cancelled our March reservation for Bellagio. This was after rescheduling it from January. I tried to get the same rate for any Sunday for the rest of the year, but it would cost $40 more. Eh, it wasn't worth it. I'll wait for new offers to roll out. There should be deals over summer. I cancelled because it ends up falling while Amy and Nicky are here. Plus, who knows how long Frank will be swamped with work. I felt it was for the best.

We've also have a trip to Phoenix planned in March. That trip is in jeopardy, too. Again, Frank's work schedule might interfere. He assured me yesterday that the trip is still green lit, but I won't get my hopes up.

This is the week we thought we'd run off to Mexico. Those plans got scrapped early this year, but it worked out for the best. Frank definitely couldn't swing a trip right now. It's been nice weather-wise here, too. I prefer to escape the cold. Although, we had a couple cool days and rain this week; I'd rather run away from the wintry weather in December.

I looked at airfare for Vancouver. The Olympics must be inflating prices fares are $70 more than the last time I looked. Now, Seattle flights are cheaper. The opposite was true before. I'd like to nail down dates for that trip, but I'm afraid that'll curse those plans and we'll be stuck nixing them, too. So I'm playing it by ear as long as I can.

No comments: