February 8, 2010

Another installment of...

Conversations with a 3-year old.

Saturday, I was out and about. While at the 99 cent store I received a phone call.

Me: Hello
Nicky: ....silence… Auntie Kellee?
Me: Hey, buddy!
Nicky: mumbles a bit, but I catch he’s watching TV.
Me: That sounds fun.
Nicky: Yeah.
Nicky: Uncle Mikey is sleeping.
Me: You must have wore him out.
Nicky: Yeah.

I hear Amy in the background, Nicky… what are… Hello?

Me: Hi Aim.
Nicky: He called you all by himself. I was talking to dad and heard him chatting away. I’ll talk to you later – hands the phone back to Nicky.

Nicky: Daddy’s at work, he’s making money.
Me: Yeah, that’s what grown ups do, they make money.
Nicky: Can I talk to uncle Frank, now?
Me: I’m sorry honey he’s working.
Nicky: Making money?
Me: Yep.
Nicky: I’m coming to see you soon.
Me: Yes! I’m so excited. You’re going to take the airplane.
Nicky: No, it costs money.
Me: Yeah, it does, but you have tickets on February 27. We’ll see you then.
Nicky: Ok. I want to call grandma. I’ll talk to you soon. Bye.

What a trip. I can’t wait for their visit.

2 comments:

Andrea (vegasdrea) said...

That's too cute Kellee; kids are so funny at that age. When my 4 year old cousin Valerie, visits my mom's house she always asks "Where's Andrea with the ponytail?" I figure, I must have had a pony tail when she saw me last. She also insists that my mom is my sister, when my mom tells her "no, I'm the Mom", she looks at my mom and says..."nope she's your sister." I think she says that because her sister's name is Andrea as well (my aunt named her oldest daughter after me). The stuff they come up with and their logic is so stinkin' funny. Hope you have a nice visit with Nicky.

Kellee said...

Valerie sounds like a cutie. It's a challenge for Nicky to keep the family tree straight, but he thinks it great to name the family lineage. One day after naming everyone, he asked Amy, "where's my brother or sister?" She responded, "in my tummy, waiting to be made". I told her great, now he'll go around telling everyone that he has a brother or sister in your tummy and they'll all think your pregnant. Fortunately for her, he hasn't brought it up.

Kids are a riot.