February 1, 2010

MD and DDS

I began last week with my yearly check up. Fortunately, all checked out a-ok. Even my blood pressure was good. My blood pressure is never good when I visit the doctor, I suffer from whitecoat syndrome. But back in December another doctor was brilliant and he prescribed me anti-anxiety pills before putting me back on medication to lower my blood pressure (I haven't taken anything for years, because the meds caused me to feel faint regularly, they caused my BP to drop too low). And he told me to take the anti-anxiety pills before my follow up appointment. My blood pressure was spot on, it was actually where it should be. I was thrilled. So, before my dr. appointment last week, I took a pill and again, my blood pressure was perfect. It's such a relief to have that taken care of, I was really beginning to worry about a stroke, etc. because so many doctors and nurses expressed concern.

I ended last week at the dentist to have my wisdom teeth extracted. Good god, that's the most awful noise ever! After hearing dozens of horror stories, I really expected the worst, but after I took ibuprofen I was feeling pretty good. I was prepared to mope around all weekend, instead I kept active. It really didn't set me back. Last night, I decided, I really didn't need the pain meds. So, I didn't take a dose before bed. Big mistake! I was in a world of hurt this morning. It took two does this morning to get back to how I was feeling yesterday. I suspect I was grinding in my sleep my right side of my jaw hurt, too (no extractions on that side). Grinding and healing gums/jaw apparently cause a shitload of pain. Lesson learned. I'll stick with the ibuprofen a bit longer.

Now that I got the wisdom tooth out of the way, I can get the last crown I need. They say I need to wait 8 weeks to heal, but I'll put it off even longer since crowns cost so much damn money. Thankfully, that'll take care of the last filling from childhood that needed to be replaced. The end is in sight.

No comments: