December 29, 2008

A Quiet Christmas

We had a nice holiday. Christmas eve, we had my mom and Blaine over for dinner. I made an untraditional dinner, but it was delicious. We had parmesan salad, smoked gouda stuffed pork chops, my grandma's potatoes and cornbread casserole. It would've only been better with some greens, but mom doesn't eat them, so I didn't bother. We finished with snow tunnel cake for dessert.

We played cards and spent the rest of the night in the hot tub.

Frank worked Christmas day, but I took my mom and Blaine to see Encore. We also went to Bellagio to see the Christmas Display.



My mom and Blaine, later, stayed downtown at the Plaza to play tourist. Frank's uncle came by, we visited for a bit, and exchanged gifts. He headed home, then Frank and I left to go to the Orleans, we had Fuddruckers for dinner and then caught a movie. We saw Slumdog Millionaire. It was very good, it's not often we see something worth mentioning.

It was nice to have a long weekend. I really enjoyed it. I cleaned and did laundry as usual, but I also shopped the clearance sales, put away christmas decorations, baked and scraped the fruit off the kitchen windows.
From House photos

So long fruit!
From House photos

Now, I only have the peacock next to the front doors to remove. I have another long weekend coming up for the New Year. Maybe I'll tackle the peacock then.

No comments: