December 18, 2008

More snow in the desert

I'd swear I was having flashbacks to winter commutes in Chicago on my drive home yesterday... only they were real and I was in Las Vegas. Blizzard like conditions, everything was covered in white. The major difference was there was also flooding. Oddest thing I've ever seen, I tell ya. Once I finally got home, a couple trees were down from the weight of the snow. I couldn't get into my drive way because my trees hung too low. I had to shake them to remove snow. My poor palms practically touched the ground. They couldn't stand up to the wet snow.

From Snow

From Snow

From Snow

From Snow

From Snow

From Snow

From Snow

All flights were grounded yesterday, fortunately McCarran reopened this morning, Bob's due in at 4:30 today. He picked a great time to escape the cold, heh. Clark County school have a snow day. But otherwise it's business as usual in this winter wonderland. The phones at work have been ringing off the hook, everyone seems to have roof leaks. Snow is great for business, who knew? The news was reporting that this is the most snow the valley has seen since 1979. It's wild that so many people likely have never experienced anything like this before.

No comments: