Another year is nearly behind us. What a year it's been! It's been filled with triumphs and challenges, but that's life for you.
I hope everyone has a safe holiday and a fabulous New Year!
I'll wrap up 2008 with this quiz that's been floating around.
1) What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Learned to shoot and enjoy off-roading
2) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I like goals better than resolutions, in 2008, our goal was to buy a house. And we did. Next year’s goal is to pay down debt.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
A friend in Chicago, but I haven’t met Lina yet. Seen lots of pics, though.
4) Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my grandma.
5) What countries did you visit?
None, we stayed in the US this year.
6) What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
less stress from financial concerns… damn, condos and layoffs.
7) What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 26, I flew in Mike, Amy and Nicky to surprise my mom for her 50th birthday.
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying our dream home
9) What was your biggest failure?
Gaining weight, after keeping it off last year.
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
No! thank goodness.
11) What was the best thing you bought?
12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Frank’s, he helped me keep things in perspective.
13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14) Where did most of your money go?
Paying double mortgages and the Jimmy.
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Buying our house and when my sister, nephew, brother, and brother-in-law visited. And restaurant week, can’t forget that one.
16) What song will always remind you of 2008?
All Summer Long by Kid Rock
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:- happier or sadder? Happier, but a bit more stressed - thinner or fatter? Fatter, unfortunately - richer or poorer? Poorer.
18) What do you wish you'd done more of?
19) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worry and use credit cards
20) How will you be spending New Year?
Not sure exactly, but we’ll watch the fireworks and I’m certain there will be time spent in the hot tub.
21) Did you fall in love in 2008?
I did, with Frank over and over again. Mushy, I know.
22) How many one-night stands?
Marriage gets in the way of those.
23) What was your favorite TV program?
The usual, original series on Showtime, HBO and FX, but this year I discovered Mad Men. Let’s go with that.
24) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No person specifically, just hate the condition of the housing market.
25) What was the best book you read?
Can you believe I didn’t read any books this year? Sad, I know.
26) What was your greatest musical discovery?
That most new music still sucks.
27) What did you want and get?
Our house and an elliptical
28) What did you want and not get?
Our condo to sell
29) What was your favorite film of this year?
Not sure, but Tropic Thunder, Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button were among the best that come to mind.
30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
28, we had dinner at Carnevino and went to Bellagio to watch the fountains and check out the spring display.
31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Selling the condo
32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Whatever fits.
33) What kept you sane?
Frank and hope
34) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kirby from Lipstick Jungle
35) What political issue stirred you the most?
36) Who did you miss?
Mike, Amy and Nicky.
37) Who was the best new person you met?
Jake and Alysha
38) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Real Estate is not a safe investment. Hell, it’s not even an investment. Not that I’ve experienced, anyway.
39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far – Joe Walsh