December 30, 2008

Random thoughts

So I planned to share recipes today, but I forgot them at home. Ah well, tomorrow, maybe?

Surprisingly, we caught another good movie last night. Two in one week, imagine that! We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It reminded me of a blend of Forrest Gump and Titanic, but with an original twist.

Southwest is running 50% off fares to/from Las Vegas. Purchase December 30 through December 31, 2008, midnight pacific standard time. Travel January 13 through March 11, 2009. Travel valid all days of the week.

The deal was too good to pass up, I booked a trip to Chicago over Valentine's weekend. It'll be good to see the family and eat yummy treats. Thanksgiving 2007 was the last time I was there.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I still have no clue what we're doing. Frank might be working all day and night, but he won't know until sometime tomorrow. My mom might come by, but she doesn't want to make the trip if we plan to stay home. It's all up in the air.

By the way, where did 2008 go? It flew by, didn't it?

I'm happy to report warmth has finally returned to the Vegas Valley. 56 degrees is our high today, it should hang around for the next 10 days or so. It's a welcomed change.

No comments: