December 26, 2011

Year in Review: Travels

At the end of 2010, I suspected we'd have to move in 2011, but I was ok with leaving our home behind because it would provide us with more freedom, and I yearned to travel. Thankfully, we were able to stay put, and I did not let go of my desire to travel. Life is too short, and talk is cheap, I wanted 2011 to be about making things happen. I didn't want to just talk of places I wanted to visit, I wanted to have those experiences, and we did... We covered a lot of ground.

We had traveled to San Diego and Phoenix a few times, San Francisco twice, Chicago, New York and Anaheim. And there was Brian Head, UT, and we even got to New Orleans. We were very fortunate that we were able to travel a great deal. You'd think I might have tired of it, but nope. The more I see, the more I want to experience.

Italy is still my dream trip. It's getting closer to reality. We've saved a nice sum this year, the trip is technically doable in 2012, I just have to find a deal for the right time. I'm working on it. I'm shooting for Spring, so I'll have to figure it out pretty quickly.

We developed a greater appreciation for San Francisco, this year. We just love it there and it's very affordable for us to travel to especially when considering the expense of trips to cities likes NYC and New Orleans. We are anxious to return next month. February, we are looking to escape to San Diego. It's our home away from home. March, we'll head out to Phoenix for Spring Training. And you'll have to stay tuned to see where else we head. Louisville is likely. And we intend on many weekend getaways. We are dying to enjoy more Razor adventures.

No comments: