December 1, 2011

December?!

How can this be? How is it December already? Soon, I'll be saying the same about 2012. But here it is, today is Frank's birthday. Happiest of happy's to him. We'll be celebrating tonight with dinner at Circo. And then, again, next month in San Francisco. Southwest was running a sale and I couldn't resist $39 airfare. We'll finally travel during crab season, we've just missed it every previous trip.

I hope you kids had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. I did, but boy, November was a hectic month! I'm definitely in need of a breather. I plan to hibernate all weekend. Since old man winter has paid Las Vegas a visit, it shouldn't be too hard to stay indoors. As exhausted as I've been, I wonder if I will even leave my bed?

Work has left me mentally exhausted, the visits with friends and family, trips and preparations for gatherings left me physically beat. My gimpy self handled it all as well as can be expected. I should only have two weeks left in the boot, I cannot wait to be free. My ankle held up well considering I gave it a pretty good beating throughout November. I did bail on Black Friday shopping. I was too sore and too tired to fight the crowds. Staying home also gave me time with my nephew and I wouldn't trade that for the world. My mom, sister and brother shopped and scored all sorts of deals. So, in the end everyone was happy.

I was extremely thankful this Thanksgiving, it was a special treat to have my whole family gathered around the table. It was nice to have my dad around, hopefully it won't be another seven years before he returns. We had a nice getaway to San Francisco, I'm really glad I was able to show them around one of my favorite city's. They all left on Tuesday. Goodbye's are always filled with tears, but our hearts are also filled with warm memories. Time and time again, I remind myself not to cry because it's over, but to smile because it happened.

No comments: