December 21, 2011

Buffet to Bellagio

The family got together for one last meal before my dad, Amy and Nicky went back to Chicago. We had a voucher for two free dinners and 50% off on others. Seven of us ate for $60 or something close to there. It was a deal!

I haven't been to the Rio buffet in several years, it's been remodeled since my last visit. The selection is still huge. There are all your usual buffet offerings plus quite a few made to order Asian stations. We tried the stir-fry and soup, I had Pho. It was like a Campbell's soup version, but I give them props for offering it. Mexican choices were what I like best of all the offerings. The whole family was able to get enough to eat, but some had difficulty finding items they really enjoyed.

I still think M Resort is the best choice off-strip, but it would've cost us at least double to go there (thank you, discounts!). However, when full-price is considered M Resort is my pick - hands down.

Switching gears....

December 1, Frank and I had dinner at Circo inside Bellagio. We've been several times before and it never disappoints so it was Frank's pick to celebrate his 32nd birthday. The restaurant was very crowded for a Thursday night - I was happy to see it - and server didn't skip a beat. Again, service, food and the view was stellar. It remains our favorite restaurant in the valley.





We tried two new dishes: Caprese Risotto and Duck Panzotti, and we split and order of Egi's Ravioli, because it's irresistable. And we each had our own Tiramisu for dessert. The Caprese Risotto was a Chef Selection it's not served regularly, but it should be. It was scrumptious! The Panzotti was brilliantly prepared, but the fantastic Egi's Ravioli outshined it.

No comments: