December 25, 2011

Santa Came! Santa Came!



Gosh, Christmas mornings were such an exciting time when we were small. The magic of the holiday is so special. Still, being grown and getting the family together is always nice. I just wish there weren't 1800 miles between us here, and the rest of my family in Chicago.

It sounds like they had a nice holiday, though. Nicky made the "nice list" and Santa brought him guns! His favorite. I asked what kind? "All kinds," he said. Big ones and little ones? "No, just big ones?" He was one happy kid.

We got a later start to our Christmas than friends and family. It's fun being on the west coast, when I got up at 7:30, everyone back east had already shared their holiday cheer and treasures on facebook. It warmed my heart to see all that joy. I prepared a Christmas feast, a bit nontraditional with Gouda stuffed pork chops, but that's how I roll. Mom made her delicious Parmesan salad and snow tunnel cake, and my brother curbed our appetites with deviled eggs. Frank's family joined us for eats and games.

Santa brought me a new lens for my camera so I am excited to get familiar with it. It's a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX , which is the last one on my wish list. I also received great gifts like beef jerky, gourmet eats, beer and money toward accessories for the Razor. I am very lucky.

No comments: