December 13, 2011

Hey, Stranger!

So, I suck. I thought I'd figure out how to better juggle my time by now, but work is just crazy. I am enjoying the challenge, though. Once I adjust to the learning curve and adapt to a new schedule I'll find my ebb and flow. After, the holidays are behind us, it'll be less chaotic, too.

I'm happy that I've managed to get my decorations up, Christmas cards sent, shopping done and presents wrapped. I'd like to get some holiday baking done, maybe I'll squeeze it in this weekend?

This past weekend we ran off to Laughlin, my mom and Mike joined us. It was nice to getaway, even if it was for a few hours. We had fun showing them around.

The best news of late is I'm finally out of the boot. It's been four months since I injured my ankle, it's about time it's feeling better. I still have some achiness, but the pain is minimal. Swelling hasn't been much of an issue. I do worry it may swell now that it's not immobilized but I'm hopeful I'm past that hurdle. I need to work to build strength. That's my focus now. My goal is to be back to normal by our trip to San Francisco next month.

I recently had blood work done, and it shows I'm low on Vitamin D. I'm going to start a daily vitamin and calcium citrate, with any luck that'll help speed up the healing process. If not, it should at least mean stronger bones. I've also been told to keep hydrated because I'm prone to gout or kidney stones. Otherwise, I was pleased to hear I'm very healthy. I have no signs of diabetes and my cholesterol is low and my HDL is high. Once I shed the pounds I've gained over the last four months. I should be in tip top shape. The past week I've loosely followed the 17 Day Diet for new ideas to jump start my metabolism, I've lost three pounds. Considering, I can't exercise I was thrilled with the results. I'll continue to use it as a guideline as I continue my weightloss journey. At least until I can get back to my tried and true method of eating less and moving more.

That's the gist of happenings of late. I hope to be back with more tales from the last month sooner, than later.

No comments: