June 10, 2010

TV Round-up

Season finales and premieres. We've had a slew of them lately. I know there were two series finales, too, recently, 24 and Lost, but I never got into either one. So, I missed out on all that hoopla.

United States of Tara and Nurse Jackie both ended this week. US of Tara was outstanding its first season, the writing was a bit hokey at times this second season, but the finale was just dreadful. It screamed sitcom. I really hope it didn't jump the shark, but it just might have. Nurse Jackie ended on a high note, this season has actually been a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed it far more than the first season. Both shows were signed for a third so it'll be interesting to where they take us.

Breaking Bad's season three is winding down; the last episode is Sunday. So far this season has been a stunner, and I don't expect anything less from the finale. However, I cannot even begin to imagine what's in store. All I do know is that I am certainly excited, and also terribly saddened to have it end. I'm going to miss the drama. I have other favorite shows, but none are of this caliber.

Rescue Me, Entourage, Mad Men and Weeds will all be premiering soon, but even all four combined will hardly fill the void from Breaking Bad. Two new shows also debut Louie on FX and C Word on Showtime. I'll be checking both out to see if either has promise. Oh, tonight Penn & Teller's Bullshit also returns. Almost forgot about that one.

What will you be watching this summer? Any other Breaking Bad fans thinking how bittersweet this Sunday will be?

2 comments:

Christine said...

i love BB but i thought this season wasn't as action packed as in the past. it took 2-3 episodes to lead up to something really good. still love it though. Rubicon looks good after watching the first episode but it doesn't start until august. i have a rule now about giving anything on AMC a chance.

we watched nurse jackie and tara online for like a month, got behind and haven't watched any since. tara really wasn't doing much for me but jackie was good and i need to get caught up on that this summer.

i plan to watch Louie, the C word and that real life lesbian showtime show, can't remember the name right now. also the glades on a&e.

Kellee said...

It was slower in the beginning, but I took it as it was meant to be. Walt wasn't cooking, so all we saw was his humdrum life. Plus they built on the storylines that would be revealed later. Pace picked up once he was back in action. Walt = bore, Heisenberg = intense action.

Rubicon was slow to grab me. I was getting lost in the dreariness of it. I will give it a chance once it premieres. Whatever AMC, FX, Showtime, HBO and even Starz puts out has my interest. It's a shame anything new on HBO hasn't appealed to me and Starz cancelled the one show I liked (Headcase).

Is it the Real L Word? It's something like that. I did see a preview. Never watched L Word, but I will check this one out.

Haven't seen anything on Glades. I'll have to see what that's about.