June 30, 2010

Back on the Ranch

Well, mom is getting settled. It's only taken 6 weeks or so. We went out again this weekend for a visit. No moving, no unpacking, no landscaping - just a visit. It was nice! I took the opportunity to toy with the new slr a bit more. She has plenty to photograph on her two acres.

For my second go at it, said and done, I think I captured some good shots. I quickly learned Aperture Priority does not work well with animals, apparently Shutter Priority works far better for anything in motion. Had issue with subjects being too dark, and I'd blow out the background trying to compensate. I tried to get help from exposure compensation, but adjusting ISO seemed to help most. It's all trial and error at this point. With any luck I'll have a pretty good feel for the camera by the time our Seattle/Vancouver trip rolls around. It'll be up to me to get more practice. Only a few weeks left.

The goats are happy with their new digs.







Cha Cha and Miracle are feeling at home, too.


Cha Cha is a sweetheart


Miracle is known as the bitch












I'll post more tomorrow.

No comments: