June 28, 2010

I'm Over the HRH Pool

Friday was Slightly Stoopid over at the Hard Rock Hotel Pool. Unlike Pepper, there were no long lines. We were able to walk straight into the pool area since we had tickets this time. The Expendables were on stage. We met up with one of Frank's friends, grabbed beers ($9 for bud light, craziness) and watched the show. People we passing us like crazy. The band was good. After they wrapped we joined Josh and his friends (a big group were in from SoCal) on the otherside of the stage we were situated between the pool and the sound/light crew. Apparently this was a hallway. Hundreds of people passed us. I ended up moving into the planter because I was tired of getting trampled by passerbys. Meanwhile, this wasted chick was making out with with a guy she met right in front of me. They were dry humping like mad. I wanted him to bust a nut just to be done with it. They went off to the bathroom and I never saw them again.

Finally, Slightly Stoopid took the stage. I thought the crowd would calm down and stay put (pot smokers are known to be pretty chill, right?) but nope. They were the passing us left and right and falling all over. We kept moving and they kept passing. It was RIDICULOUS! Frank and I ended up moving back against the edge of the pool. People were still passing us, in front, behind, left and right. Insanity. It was like a fucking ant colony. I wanted them to toke up and calm the fuck down, but it never happened. We made the most of it, and tried to enjoy the show in between people bouncing off of us, falling all over and using us as handrails. Slighly Stoopid didn't play much that I knew. I really like their songs with great guitar, they played one, Collie Man, at the end. It was mainly wind instruments all night, like their guitarist didn't show or something. It was a good show, but I thought it would be better. And I'm completely over the HRH pool venue. There are very few bands that could convince me to return. The layout is piss-poor. There is only one bathroom and it's right beside the stage. That's why there was a constant stream of people passing us. Yeah, I'm over it!

No comments: