October 30, 2009

More misc thoughts

This cold weather has had me feeling like a mope. It makes it tough to muster up a coherent post so how about more random thoughts…

It’s going to be one LONG winter. Fortunately, it’s a bit warmer today and it looks like the weekend will be nice.

Thank goodness! Tomorrow we’ll be at the Speedway for NRHA. We’re both excited.

Plans for tomorrow night are still in the air, but there’s no shortage of stuff to do.

Sunday, Frank’s off, we’re having people over to watch the games. Yes, we’re ready for some football!

This past Wednesday we attended a cocktail reception at Cherry Nightclub inside Red Rock. They were hosting the “Best Places to Work” awards. We were nominated and took home first place for companies of medium size (100-500 employees). I really do work for a great company. The owners deserve the award.

It was neat to see Cherry, nightclubs aren’t my thing so I’d never see the inside otherwise. I gotta say I expected something nicer. I remember reading all the hoopla when it opened; however, I failed to see anything noteworthy. Carpet was pilling, ceilings were unfinished, and the Halloween décor was cheesy. I suppose most nights it’s too dark, crowded or people are too drunk to notice.

Frank is also off today, I planned to take the day off until I learned I had no more paid time left. Instead, here I sit. At least, it’s been quiet. We had a nice spread for breakfast, we have a Halloween costume contest – the winner receives a $50 gift certificate. I didn’t dress up, nothing brilliant came to me. But others did, we have the Progressive insurance lady, Barbie (in a box), Ricky Bobby, and a pirate. We all voted for our favorite, the winner has yet to be announced.

I’ve got a head start on Christmas which is pretty bizarre since I’m usually a procrastinator. I designed cards on Shutterfly, scored free shipping and 25 free cards; they shipped super quick, I got them yesterday. I’m pleased with the final product.

My dad is always the toughest to shop for and I’ve found gifts for him already. Score!

I shipped Nicky’s birthday gift today. He’ll be three on Wednesday. Time sure does fly!!

Poor kiddo has been sick with a fever all week. Hopefully, he’ll be better by tomorrow so he doesn’t miss out on trick or treating. His birthday party is next weekend. If nothing else he needs to be well by then.

It sucks missing his parties. Times like these make it really hard to live so far away.

Speaking of, I had hoped to go to Chicago over Thanksgiving, but fares are too expensive and funds are too tight. Looks like I’ll have to wait until next year to see my favorite boy - and family.

Frank will be 30 in a month. It seems like yesterday we were celebrating his 18th birthday. Have I mentioned time flies?

Hmmm, I think that’s about it…

One more thing, check out this week’s Vegas Values: Discover Bellagio.

and

I hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments: