October 28, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

It's windy, too. I haven't seen the sun since Monday. Sure, it's only been a day, but it feels like eternity. I need my sunshine. When't it's dreary and cool. I just want to stay in bed and hide under the covers. That's exactly how it was yesterday.

Last night, the house was cool about 70. We didn't feel the need to turn the heat on, but blankets were necessary. However, before bed, Frank set the thermostat at 66. I heard the the heat kick on about 3:45am and it was still on when I left the house. It was only 45 degrees at the time, with wind gusts up to 50mph. No wonder the house was so cold.

I hate this weather. It's too early for it. October is supposed to be perfect weather - dammit.

I'm absolutely dreading winter this year. My blood has gotten way too thin. It's hard to believe I lived through Chicago winters. You'd never guess, now, because I'm such a wuss when it comes to cold.

I'm also dreading the time change this weekend. I'd much rather have the hour of sunlight in the evening than in the morning. I hate it when it's dark when I get home from work. I need sunshine, remember? The five minutes I might see in the morning isn't enough. I wish we were like Arizona. It'd be nice not to observe DST.

It's tempting to hiberate... wake me, when it's spring.

No comments: