October 5, 2009

Damn, it's cold!

October is supposed to be beautiful weather month, but it's been abnormally cool. Last weekend, we had triple digits, since then we've dipped into the 70's and been hovering around 80 degrees. Talk about a shock to the system. This morning it was in the upper 40's when I got up. It was tough to drag my ass out of the comforts of my nice warm bed.

I wish I could say, well, at least I can open the windows and get some fresh air. But nope, they've been tightly closed. Saturday insanely fierce winds decided to rip through there's no way I can subject myself to the nastiness that gets kicked up in the air - My allergies would kill me. Even with the shots and keeping my house sealed, I still manage to get a sore throat and suffer from watery eyes.

I will admit the cooler weather was appreciated on Saturday morning for the Making Strides Against Cancer Walk. It was chilly while we waited to get started, but it was great walking/running weather. The event had a great turn out. I definitely enjoyed taking part to support such a great cause. The JW Marriot was a great venue for the walk, the palm trees and mountain views made the walk quite enjoyable.




I will participate in the walk again next year. I'll likely join other walks as I hear about them. The next one I'm planning on is the Las Vegas Santa Run, in December. It should be fun!

No comments: