September 16, 2008

25 Song Soundtrack

Recently, my friend, Wendy, asked if there were only 25 songs that you could listen to for the rest of your life, what would they be?

It took me time to come up with a list, at first I struggled with finding a way to narrow down the vast possibilities. I like a variety of music which spans many genres over the last fifty years, so that made a tough task a little more difficult. But after much debate I pared down the list to only include songs that make me happy and/or bring me back to special moments in my life. My 25 songs, in no particular order...

1. Nothing Else Matters – Metallica
2. You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
3. Drops of Jupiter – Train
4. Ironic – Alanis Morissette
5. Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
6. Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
7. Castles Made of Sand – Jimi Hendrix
8. What I Got – Sublime
9. What’s Up – Four Non-blondes
10. Basket Case – Green Day
11. Aenima – Tool
12. Closer – NIN
13. Californication – Red Hot Chili Peppers
14. Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
15. The Joker – Steve Miller Band
16. She Talks To Angels – Black Crowes
17. Trust – Megadeth
18. Last Dance with Mary Jane – Tom Petty
19. Bawitdaba – Kid Rock
20. Living Dead Girl – Rob Zombie
21. Fancy – Reba McIntire
22. Happy Phantom – Tori Amos
23. Livin’ on the Edge – Aerosmith
24. Hey Big Spender – Peggy Lee
25. Beatles – Something

It was a fun challenge, I encourage you to give it a try.

No comments: