August 25, 2008

Weekend roundup

First off, our home is ours once again. Wonderful to have quiet and privacy back.

I followed up with my doctor on Saturday, aside from my blood pressure I am as healthy as can be. My blood pressure readings over the week were high, but not consistently high enough to be put on medication. Instead, I’ll be monitored for the next six months to a year. We’ll take it from there.

Saturday, I also had an eye exam. Thankfully, my eyes have not worsened over the last twelve or so years, I’m still a little near-sighted and I have astigmatism. I picked out frames; my glasses will be ready next week. I opted to get used to my prescription before jumping into contact lenses. I’ll give those a shot later down the road.

Additionally, on this visit, I had my eyes dilated for the first time. Good news is that my eyes are extremely healthy. Bad news is my eyes are extremely sensitive to dilation. It was one day I wished I lived where it was dark and cloudy; instead I walked out into the bright afternoon sun without a cloud in the sky. Fortunately, my house is less than two blocks away from the eye doctor’s office. I made it home safely, although, pulling into my garage was quite a challenge. I managed okay, until I walked into the house… Suddenly my kitchen was lit to what seemed to be the equivalent of the Luxor beam. Why, oh why, did I insist on having a home with plenty of natural light? I holed myself up in the bedroom with the doors closed and blinds drawn until the sun went down. I kept occupied by flipping between Food Network and HGTV. I was useless for the rest of the day, Frank made us dinner and I wasted away in bed. I was relieved when I woke on Sunday seeing clearly and I was able to tolerate light once again.

Frank destroyed a couple pairs of shorts last weekend so we hit Target for replacements. Not only did we buy shorts, but we also picked up a 47” LCD Philips TV. It was an unexpected find. Last time we checked they didn't even carry any TV's that offered 1080p. We’ve been shopping around for months and this deal was too good to pass up. We threw it in my trunk and headed home. It’s set up, but we still need to purchase a wall mount for it. Then, we will be all set, just in time to kick off football season.

Can’t believe I have a three-day weekend coming up for Labor Day. Summer is nearly over, where does time go? Although, it will be nice to have an extra day with Frank. August is fading away quick so we’re running out of time to take advantage of L’Atelier’s summer menu. I’m going to see if we can get reservations for tomorrow night. More tasty eats are on the horizon since restaurant week is September 1 – 7. I have a short list of places to try. I’m looking forward to that, as well.

No comments: