August 4, 2008

Review: BLT Burger

We ate at BLT Burger on Friday night. The restaurant was busy, but we were seated right away. We sat in a booth along the wall, the people watching was great, the booth was squishy and not very comfortable. Service was odd. Normally, when a party of two sits at table set up for four they remove the extra settings, not here. Order was taken promptly. Refills were slow. A manager came by and asked how everything was we said we watched 20 members of the staff pass by and no one offered to refill our empty glasses. She left mine and walked away with Frank's glass. About two minutes later our waiter returned with refills. Thankfully for the both of us. For a moment I wondered if they'd only return with one.

For our meal, we started with waffle bites ($7). Tasty, it left us wanting more. Frank had the BLT burger with swiss ($15) and I opted for the Classic burger with swiss ($14), we also shared an order of sweet potato fries ($5). The fries were great, the beef was good, but the buns killed the burgers. They were dry and too much bread for the 7oz patty.

I finished up my burger and the bus boy was all over my stuff immediately. My drink was about 1/3 full and he asked if I'd like a refill. I said no. He snatched my glass away. Just because I didn't want a refill, doesn't mean I don't want to finish my drink. I was a bit annoyed... and thirsty.

Needless to say, BLT Burger did not impress us. I'd rank it with Burger Bar, that's another gourmet burger joint that didn't thrill me.

Fortunately, they have a walk up counter for their shakes. We will go back to try one at some point. Those looked delicious.

No comments: