August 8, 2008

Change of plans

Yesterday, my mother-in-law called to let us know that Frank’s aunt Judy was in her final stage of Alzheimer’s. She was in ICU, unable to swallow; her doctor thought she had about ten days left. Turns out, she only had hours; she passed away last night at 9:20. She was in her fifties so it’s sad to see the disease take her so young. However, I wouldn’t wish the life she was left with on anyone. It’s comforting to know she’s now in peace.

Her memorial will be held on Tuesday. The In-laws will be flying in on Sunday or Monday and they’ll stay with us for a couple weeks.

I’ve decided to postpone my vacation. I’m not sure if Frank can make alternate plans, I do know he can’t reschedule his trip to Phoenix next weekend. So, he’ll keep those plans and I’ll stay home with his parents.

Looks like L’Atelier will have to wait, as well.

No comments: