August 4, 2008

Don't sweat the small stuff

It was an odd week. We spent much of it trying to figure out new ways to market our condo to get it sold. We’re tired of hemorrhaging the extra mortgage and carrying costs – it’s got to sell soon. Doom and gloom filled the news wire with the indefinite delay of Echelon. That ought to make the real estate market a little more bleak. Just what we need…

Then, I got news that made the condo ordeal not matter so much. Saturday my sister mentioned to me that my grandpa has ear cancer. He was diagnosed in November while my grandma was in hospice. His cancer is terminal; he was given six months to a year. For whatever reason, word was never shared. Amy found out this week, when he started hospice treatments. He has lost his short term memory, but I asked Amy to send my love and tell him I was thinking of him, anyway. It seems he’s already on borrowed time so I doubt it’ll be long.

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in day-to-day, we forget the big picture and we sweat the small stuff. In the scheme of things, the condo issues are nothing to be concerned by. It’s only money. We have our health, happiness, love and support. I’m forever thankful to have what matters most.

No comments: