Dinner was a hit, last night. The pork was tender, juicy and citrusy. I feel rewarded when recipes are a success. I had a string of bad ones for a bit there, but this makes three good recipes in a row. I’d like to see the successes continue. We had another rough night, we swam, and then wasted away in the spa smoking a cigar and drinking a few cervezas. We’re ecstatic over the house and new routines. It feels like we’re on vacation each night after work. Ahhh, yes, life is good!
Grilled Lemon Herb Pork Chops
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 6 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
1. In a large resealable bag, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper. Place chops in bag, seal, and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Turn bag frequently to distribute marinade.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Remove chops from bag, and transfer remaining marinade to a saucepan. Bring marinade to a boil, remove from heat, and set aside.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill pork chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side, basting frequently with boiled marinade, until done.