January 16, 2013

Cantina Laredo

Yelp hosted a private 5 course dinner for its five year veterans. With only four years under my belt, I was fortunate to join their celebration. The dinner was held at Cantina Laredo a newer restaurant in Tivoli Village. They set up their private room for us and prepared a feast. Our first course was served in the bar.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We nibbled on the Cantina Roll... sushi in a Mexican restaurant? Why yes! And it was delicious. Tuna, jalapeno and cream cheese, and chipotle aioli, oh my. Along side the roll was a scrumptious Ahi Tuna taco. I can't say I've ever had a tuna taco before. I was missing out. I just loved the Tanteo Jalapeno tequila margarita. Agave and jalapenos, a match made in heaven.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Eager to see what more was to come, we were led back to the private dining area to enjoy the rest of the meal. Next up was poblano potato soup.



Creamy and comforting it balanced nicely with the Negra Modelo. A fresh mixed green salad was next, ensalada arandano. It wasn't overly dressed which is a huge win in my book. I was able to enjoy the leafy greens, the sweetness from the fruit and the bite of the blue cheese. The Milagro Blackberry Smash was a bit strong at first, but it mellowed and the berries won me over.





Between courses we sampled the house salsas and guacamole. The guacamole was really delicious. I could make a meal of that alone! Yum.

It was nice to have an option for the main course. I selected the Sea Bass Oscar. It was a hearty portion topped with a crab cake and served with zucchini and rice. The jalapeno buerre blanc was a bit misleading, I expected kick, but this was pretty bland for my palate. The Patron Margarita is one of my favorites and this one did not disappoint.



I was stuffed silly, but dessert was still to come. Dia Y Noche Flan, moist chocolate cake and cheesecake flan was paired with Patron XO Cafe Dark Cocoa.



It was a nice end to a great meal. Cantina Laredo went out of their way to make the evening special. I hear they have a great happy hour. I'll have to return to check that out.

No comments: