September 30, 2009

Making Strides

My six week “slug no more” challenge has come to an end. I set out to complete 42 consecutive 30-minute daily workouts and I did it. As a result, I’ve lost one pound and shrunk 2 ½ inches. I had hoped for more, but the scale didn’t budge much. However, considering Restaurant Week fell during this challenge, I gotta say I’m pretty happy with my progress.

I want to lose more weight and inches so I plan to start a new challenge next week. I’ll incorporate more strength training and hope to improve my running. Right now, I can only run in 5-minute intervals before getting exhausted. I want to at least work myself up to completing a 12-minute mile like I was able to do in 2007.

I’m continuing to exercise this week but I didn’t want to take on anything new. Saturday, I will be participating in a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. I’ve raised over $300 for the event, I want to be sure I’m able to support the cause without any issue. My luck, I’d overdo it and pull a muscle or something equally ridiculous. Next week, though, I'm all over it.

In seven weeks, I hope to report back a few inches smaller and several pounds lighter. At the very least, I’ll settle for more progress.

2 comments:

KathyinNY said...

Great job! Even though you lost more inches than pounds I bet your clothes feel differently. That's what happened to me in the beginning of the year - I lost more inches than pounds and felt better too.

Kellee said...

They do! Inches or pounds, a loss is loss. Congrats on your loss.