September 3, 2009

Restaurant Week: Andre's

Our fourth Restaurant Week meal was at Andre’s inside Monte Carlo. Again, our reservation was made via OpenTable. The quaint dining room was very comfortable, I especially liked that our table was tucked away in the corner.

We were started with slices of French baguette and three butters: black olive, tomato and traditional, each was room temperature. The butter glided over the warm slices… wonderful. We devoured the first basket, and the second. I can’t believe I’m admitting there was a third by the meal’s end. What can I say? I am a sucker for fantastic fresh bread.

The first of two palate cleansers was a chilled artichoke soup. It was smooth and creamy. I enjoyed it, Frank sampled a bite but didn’t dig in, artichokes don’t thrill him lately.

Our first course was French onion soup and Bison carpaccio. The soup was decent but it wasn’t terribly noteworthy. The carpaccio, however, was splendid. The meat was so tender it melted when it hit your lips. The pickled crimini mushrooms and arugula pesto played wonderfully with the blackened flavor of the Bison. We consumed this dish instantly, and we were left wanting more.





The next palate cleanser was peach sorbet in sparkling water. We agreed that this was great. It was clean and refreshing. It’d be a wonderful treat on a hot summer night.



For the main course we selected the salmon and ribeye. I was surprised when my salmon was encased in savoy cabbage. The presentation was lovely, and the taste was excellent to boot. The caviar beurre blanc sauce was superb, I found myself sopping up every last drop with those fantastic slices of bread. Frank’s Angus ribeye did not disappoint. It was cooked to perfection, medium, with a nice crust. The Roquefort cheese and pinot noir sauce were welcomed. Together they made a beautifully executed dish. His steak was also served with a side of gratin potatoes. They were creamy and rich, just as they should be.







Dessert followed, we both had chocolate soufflé. It was airy and perfectly sweet. Frank also had a cappuccino. It was an ideal end to a superb meal.



The experience was only made better by the friendly staff. Our server was great. We always had everything we needed, and she felt comfortable to toy with us. We were delighted; we will happily dine at Andre’s again.

2 comments:

KathyinNY said...

Andre's is where my husband and I went for my 40th birthday dinner. It was exactly as you described in your review except we had filet mignon but the staff and experience was perfect for my 40th.

Kellee said...

Somehow I missed this before, great choice for your 40th. Glad you found it enjoyable, too.