July 9, 2009

Review: Seasons

Last Thursday, we had lunch at Seasons buffet inside the Silverton. Frank and I tried to eat dinner there before but the wait was ridiculous; we opted to go elsewhere. This visit there was no wait at all. At the time Silverton was running the buy one, get one promo that is offered several times a year at each of their restaurants. You must be 21 and have a player’s club card. However, I missed the “must be 21” part on all their advertisements. When we were asked if we were all of age, we replied in unison, “yes”. Amy will only be twenty next month, thankfully they didn’t ask for proof. With the discount, four of us were able to eat for twenty bucks. Great value!

The buffet selection was much smaller than I anticipated. I suppose I was a bit spoiled by M Resort. Nevertheless, they offer the standard fare: Asian, American, Italian, Mexican, salads and desserts. There were two made to order stations available on our visit, pasta and baja fish tacos. I didn’t try either, no one was manning them and I had no desire to wait.

I sampled a bit of everything, yet, there were only a few standout items. I liked the grilled sausage with peppers and onions, the potstickers, and Kahlua Pork. Pad Thai must be a regular find these days, because Seasons offered it, too. However, their version was no where near as tasty as Studio B over at M Resort.

Desserts were lackluster, I didn’t have a memorable cookie or pastry. They do have a few gelato selections and a variety of cones. I tried the cappuccino gelato in a chocolate dipped cone. It was pretty good.

Service was average. At times refills were slow to receive and it took a fair amount of time to have plates cleared.

Lunch typically runs $8.99 with a Discovery Club card. So, even at regular price it’s a pretty decent value compared to other buffets around town. With that said, I don’t plan to return. My mom, Amy and Jeff were underwhelmed, as well.

After lunch we took Nicky to see the 117,000 gallon Aquarium, home to tropical fish, stingrays and sharks. We arrived just in time to spot the Mermaid and Scuba guy. Nicky didn’t know what to make of them, but he enjoyed the fish.







No comments: