October 17, 2008

Dodged a bullet

Things were looking somewhat glum last week, fortunately, they’re looking up. First, Frank was sweating the unknown as lay-offs were occurring all around him. This week, though, he received reassurance that his job was safe; that eased our concerns. He’ll be retained in the same capacity and actually take on more responsibility, which he was completely open to. So, other than some restructuring and budget cuts, it’s business as usual.

Secondly, last week we also found out the buyer for our condo backed out. We were so close to closing, too. We were thrilled to see an end in sight, but that excitement was stripped from us and now we are back to square one. We’ve exhausted most of our options; we’re working with the bank to see what our next step will be. We’ll see how that pans out and go from there.

On the lighter side…

Temperatures are finally warming up, thank goodness. It’s sunny and 82, currently.

Tomorrow my sister and nephew arrive. They’ll be visiting until Thursday evening. I took Tuesday and Wednesday off so I can spend time with them. We’ll heat the pool and swim, we also plan to shop and take Nicky to the pumpkin farm. His birthday is November 4th, so I’d like to make a cake and have a celebration, as well. I’m ecstatic over their visit, I haven’t seen Nicky in six months. That’s the longest stint without seeing him. No doubt he's grown a bunch. Gosh, I can't wait to see for myself.

No comments: