October 27, 2008

Change is coming

Yeah, I think we’re all sick of hearing about change. At least, the election is near. Then, finally, my phone will stop ringing, and my mailbox won’t be filled daily. Frank and I will vote early, today, after I get off work. But that actually wasn’t my point.

The change I was speaking of is that Frank was told on Friday that he’ll be transferred; he will now oversee two new properties. He’ll continue to look after one of his current properties, but will lose the other. Confused? It seems things are still up in the air, but the good news is that Frank still has a job. In fact, managing three properties is a bit of a promotion. He’ll take on more responsibility and face new challenges. I have no doubt that he’ll be a success. He will slip into his new shoes this week. The new position will have him working more hours and he’ll likely lose his Sunday’s off. Sunday is our only day together, so that is a bit disappointing. With any luck it’ll be temporary, and only last through football season.

So, this weekend was likely my least productive one in months. I had no motivation. Frank and I mainly lounged about, watched tv and enjoyed the football games on Sunday. We caught a movie, and just relaxed. The lull was much needed. I tried my aunt’s recipe for meatloaf. It was pretty good and easy to whip up. I’ll make it again.

2 pounds ground beef
1 package of Stuffing Mix (I used reduced sodium Stove Top - chicken flavor)
1 cup of water
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)

Preheat oven to 400. Mix beef, stuffing mix, water, eggs, and BBQ sauce together until well combined. In a 13x9 pan, shape meat mixture into 2 loaves. Top with more BBQ sauce. Place in oven for 30-35 minutes or until registers 165 on thermometer.

No comments: