October 10, 2008

Anyone remember?


Well, the days of twirling ribbon on a stick, plastic weights, and rocking out to my cassette tape are gone for this girl. It didn’t get me into shape then, and it sure wouldn’t now. Last year, I started really exercising regularly on an elliptical and treadmill at work. Rather than internet surfing on my lunch break, I made good use of that time by working out. I dropped all the weight I put on from injuries and illness, a little more than 30 lbs, said and done. I kept all the weight off until a few months ago. See, the second floor of our office (where the equipment is located) was left unfinished when we had it built a couple years back. This summer they’ve decided to finish it. Even as a contractor, it takes quite some time to get permits and subs in order. The work still isn’t complete. I haven’t exercised since early June, but I’ve indulged in all kinds of goodies. Restaurant week really did a number on me. Currently, I have 10 newly acquired pounds I need to rid myself of. I know exercise will do the trick. Fortunately, Sears ran another financing promotion this week, we bought an elliptical and recumbent bike. I’m in the process of putting the elliptical together. I can’t wait for it to be complete. I've found I actually enjoy dedicated exercise, it clears my head and reduces stress. Side effects are muscle tone and weightloss. What's not to like? Plus, it’s one thing I do solely for me.

No comments: