October 24, 2019

Red Sox vs White Sox

Back in June, I was able to cross an item off the bucket list - Catch a game at Fenway. Since 1912, it has been the home for the Boston Red Sox and it is the oldest ballpark in MLB. We were lucky that our summer trip coincided with an evening baseball game where their Sox took on my Sox.



Before the game we met Frank's coworker & friends for of drinks at the Bleacher Bar in Fenway Park. It's a very cool bar and one of two ways to see batting practice (the other being a VIP tour). Frank loved it because it's the only place in Fenway that will serve Bourbon straight.



My goal is to see all the ballparks one day, so it was a big deal to see Fenway. We sat in the original seats behind homeplate. Which sounded like a much cooler experience that it actually was. Not only do I not recommend, I'd advise against those seats. The view was great, but the seats? Man, they are rough! I have sat on tree stumps that were more comfortable. I insist my tailbone was bruised for a week, at least. Frank couldn't sit comfortably his knees were practically at his nose. It was tight.



Our routine is to try the local grub while taking in a game. Tasty's was the place to try. I can't say I was wowed. I enjoyed the tots more than the cheeseburger. Vermont cheese or not, gimme In-N-Out any day.



We also had beef with adult beverages at the park. Frank was refused whiskey without soda. I only found vendors selling Budlight or Sam Adams. Both are a hard pass for me. I saw Harpoon taps and advertising, but none actually for sale. The disappointment didn't end there, our Sox, despite an early lead also lost. Despite the loss, the achy back & butt and dying of thirst. I was happy to cross another ballpark off the list. Especially, one with such history.






No comments: