October 5, 2011

1,001 Ways to Break An Ankle

The streets of NOLA are treacherous, well, more specifically the sidewalks. I knew walking was going to be a challenge, but I never anticipated to what extent. There are at least 1,001 ways to break an ankle. There are cracks, missing bricks, loose cobblestone, potholes, sewer caps, and the list goes on and on. I spent 99% of my time in NOLA watching my feet to make sure every step was a safe one. Since it was a large part of my trip, I decided to document a small sampling during a stroll from Canal St to Bourbon St.



It appears it's been 27 years since sidewalks were last improved. Overdue? Yeah, I'd say so.













Despite all the obstacles, I'm happy to report no additional injuries. Frank also fared well considering. Actual trip details and photos to come.

2 comments:

Sammi said...

With the title of this post I held my breath as I read...I was sure you broke it again! Thank god I was wrong and you are fine. I can't wait to see your pictures of New Orleans, it is one of those places I must see.

Kellee said...

It's a neat place. Different than any place I've ever been.