February 25, 2009

Amazing Banana Bread

From baking/cooking

Well, I don't think it's that good, but what can you do? The name was coined by weightwatchers, not by me. If I were to name the recipe, I'd call it Pretty Darn Tasty Banana Muffins. I turned the bread into muffins, and only had one egg on had so I used the yolk, instead of two egg whites - my version was moist and flavorful. I froze half and defrosted them yesterday. I had a muffin for breakfast this morning, it still tasted good. Although, the tops of the muffins were sticky or kinda gummy. I'll have to find a better way to store them.

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup light butter softened
1 2/3 cup mashed riped bananas (about 3)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 large egg whites
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350. Combine sugar and light butter and mix until creamy. Add banana, milk, sour cream, egg whites and mix well. In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Then, mix dry ingredients into creamed banana mixture. Lightly spray a loaf pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hr, 10 min. Test for doneness with wooden toothpick - should come out clean. Cool for 10 min and remove from pan.

Number of Servings: 16
3 WW points: 139 calories, 1.8g fat, 1.1g fiber

No comments: