January 16, 2009

Working for the weekend

It's almost here, at last!

I got spoiled by all the short work weeks around the holidays. These full work weeks have been exhausting. Well, I'm exhausted anyway. Not sure why I've been so tired, but no matter how much sleep I get, it's never enough.

The gym at work is finally done, they finished it back in December. They've added new equipment, now, there is a treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike, spinning bike, and a weight bench with a slew of weights. They installed a tv and it has cable. I watch Food Network and exercise on my lunch break. So, with that, and the elliptical and recumbent bike at home, I've been working out almost everyday. I've skipped three days since December 27. I've lost 3 pounds since then.

Not sure if it's all the exercising that has wiped me out. I always heard it was supposed to boost your energy, but I can't say it's had that effect on me. Not now, and not in 2007 when I exercised regularly.

At the beginning of the year, Frank told me he wanted to lose 50 pounds by his 30th birthday in December. I told him that I support him wholeheartedly and I would take steps to see that he reaches his goal. Dinners these days have been low cal, low fat or both. So, any recipes I post will likely be of that nature. My diet is better than it's been in months, I'm working hard to keep portions under control, yet, I'm still beat.

Hopefully, it'll pass soon.

Weather has been quite a bit warmer lately, we've been in the 60's the last few days. I think I'll work in the yard this weekend, in addition to running the usual errands and cleaning house.

I've been looking forward to Saturday night for the last few months. We have tickets to see Lisa Lampanelli over at the Pearl inside the Palms. We saw her last year at the House of Blues. She was hysterical. We were in tears throughout most of the show. My cheeks hurt terribly after the show. I hope this show is no different.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the low-cal and/or low-fat recipes (not that I need any more to try, but....) That puff pastry staring me in the face as I type my comment is making me hungry--and I just finished lunch. Grr.

Good luck in your healthy quest!

Kellee said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Low cal/low fat recipes also appeal to me and I can't wait for your postings. I, like your husband, would love to lose 50 lbs. Then I could be close to my weight before I had my son - who is now 14.

Kellee said...

You can do it. The first step is the commitment to make it happen, but to be successful you have to be ready for change.

I've got a handful of recipes to share, just need to get 'em posted.