January 19, 2009

Well, I'll be, The Palms did something right

Just the sight of the awful Palms towers are reminder enough, but every time I go to the Palms I'm reminded of all the reasons I hate the place. Our visit on Saturday for Lisa's show was no different, but I gotta admit they did a great job with The Pearl. It's an awesome venue. Easy in and out, comfortable seating, great views from all over. Well done. I'd like to see a concert there.

Lisa Lampanelli did not disappoint. She has an HBO special coming up on January 31. I'll be watching. She's also working on a HBO comedy series based on her life. I hope it comes to fruition, I'd love to check that out.

Speaking of comedy series, we watched United States of Tara on Showtime, last night. We loved it. It's fast paced, quirky and totally different than anything else on tv. Can't wait to watch the season unfold.

Frank was able to get free tickets for Anthony Cools at Paris. The show will be tomorrow night. We've never seen a hypnotist, it should be interesting and hopefully fun. In any case, it's an excuse to get out of the house.

2 comments:

Hurricane Mikey said...

I saw Lisa Lampanelli at the Improv about a year and a half ago and she was awful. Just a hideous show.

As far as The Palms goes, have you ever eaten at N9NE? It's got to be the loudest f*cking place on earth!

Kellee said...

She's not for everyone. You either love her or hate her.

We passed on N9NE I've heard it's like Stack, but more of place to seen. I'll stick with Stack, that's as trendy as I can handle.